Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Royal Wedding

So, it's kind of disturbing how excited I am about the Royal Wedding! Really. It's right up there on the list behind my own wedding! I don't exactly know what it is, but I'm sure it's the 'celebrity' of it all. Everything is just done on such a grand scale and it has an 'unrealness' to it. I have nothing to even relate this type of event to, and I'm sure that's why I am so fascinated with it. It doesn't hurt that they are such a good looking couple either!

I mean, really, look at them! They are just so cute!

Now I will tell you that I am not a morning person., but you can bet I will have my alarm set for 4 a.m. on Friday morning to watch it all go down. I am still contemplating what channel I am going to watch it on. I've gotta figure out what station will have the most insight and the best coverage so I can know all there is to know about what's going on. I have been watching the whole Royal Wedding Week extravaganza on TLC since it started on Sunday, but I have to say I'll probably stick with NBC and let my favorites from the Today Show host the event for me.

In light of planning my own wedding and being consumed by all of my own details, I am very interested to see what Kate ends up wearing. It doesn't really matter what show your watching about the Royal Wedding, but everyone seems to be guessing what she's going to be wearing and who it's going to be designed by, what color the bridesmaids will wear, what flowers she'll be carrying, and what royal traditions they will go against while making this wedding a little more modern than royal weddings we've seen in the past. I know, though, that it will be amazing and beautiful no matter what the details end up being. I just hope I can keep my eyes open at 4 in the morning to watch the TV. This is just one downfall to not having DVR! 

It's crazy to imagine what the couple is thinking about on this day before their wedding. Even though they seem so much different than me, being royalty and all, I'm sure their emotions are somewhat similar to the same as I'll feel just a month from today! That makes me so much more excited for them, just being able to relate that tiny bit.

I do wish them the happiest of marriages and hope that this fairytale that we're all being forced to watch and hear about really does end up having a happy ending! (I'm sure they'll appreciate my well wishes!)

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment