Monday, April 18, 2011

I Wonder...

I wonder what the proper etiquette is for putting a smiley face inside parentheses when you are typing (in an informal message this is) There are times when I'm typing and want to say something quite witty, but I think it needs to be said as a sidenote inside a pair of parentheses... I just don't know what the 'right' way to do it is...

Do I just double up the closing parenthesis..? Ex. = (hardy har har :))
Do I use brackets...? Ex. = [chuckle chuckle :)]
Do I space between the smiley and the closing parenthesis..? Ex. = (BAHAHAHA :) )
Do I make the smile more exaggerated to differentiate between the smile and the parenthesis..? Ex. = (loud laughter =D)
Do I forget the smiley and just go with the standard "lol" and let the reader figure the rest out..? Ex. = (witty remark. lol)

Things like this seem to 'confuzzle' my mind on occasion, and I just continue to wonder... what is 'correct'?

1 comment:

  1. OMG .. you don't even know how often I have this dilemma. Hilarious. This is why I love you.

    ReplyDelete