Monday, February 7, 2011

Gametime, HUH!! (Manly noise...)

I'm pretty certain all of you received a blank post from me yesterday... That was a mistake due to my 'smart' phone not being so smart. It should know better than to post something that was blank... but oh well. At least I've got everyone's attention now.

This past weekend was a great one. I was supposed to spend the weekend in the Des Moines area with my cousins Traci and Tricia, as Tricia was going to do a trial run of my hair for the wedding. But, sadly, Tricia came down with the flu and really didn't feel like doing much at all, which I don't blame her at all!

I won't lie, I was kind of happy that my weekend plans were changed. It allowed for a lot more down time, and didn't require driving 4 hours on I-80. Instead, my Saturday consisted of some deep cleaning of my apartment. It was definitely time for that anyways. Especially since we were hosting a Super Bowl 'party' this weekend. Another reason I was happy that I got to stay home was because I got the opportunity to travel to Mapleton to see the Ar-We-Va girls play in the Conference Tournament championship game. Unfortunately, they lost, but it was still fun to be there and I'm glad I got to go.

Sunday was another fairly relaxing day. Trent and I went and worked out around noon and then when I got home, I did some final preparations for our little get together and started making some food. Now when I say 'little get together' I truly do mean that. It was just Lauren and I and our significant others at our apartment. But I like it that way, and it was nice to relax and watch the game (and the commercials). We just had typical game watching food. We had little smokies, some chips and dip, and pizza and Lauren made a veggie pizza (our 'healthy' alternative). ;)

At the beginning of the game, it seemed as though everyone was going for the Packers, but as the game went on, I let it slip that, deep down, I was really going for the Steelers. I don't know what it really was, but I think I just can't bring myself to cheer for a team that has Green and Gold as their colors... It's in my blood I guess. :)

I have to say I wasn't too impressed with the commercials this year. I don't really remember being impressed for the past few years either. There were a couple that I chuckled at and that we said were pretty good, but nothing really was AWESOME! The one that I remember the most is the Volkswagen commercial with the little guy in the Darth Vader costume. Talk about cute!!

I heard on the radio this past week that the day after the Super Bowl is one of the most missed days of work in the year and that millions of people call in sick. The radio personality then went on to say that, with that knowledge, we should just make the Monday after the Super Bowl a holiday... and I like that idea! :)

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment